Areas in Need of Support
Excellence in health care has been the primary focus of Southeastern Regional Medical Center (SRMC) throughout the years. Southeastern Health Foundation was formed to help INC Health Southeastern continue to improve and expand these services. Your donation makes a difference! Here are the areas in greatest need of support:
The Academic Scholarship Endowment Program
Provides financial assistance to students in the surrounding region who wish to pursue careers in the medical, nursing and allied health care professions.
"With two small children, the money from Southeastern made it possible for me to pay for all of my textbooks and relieve some of the pressures of juggling school and family."
David Walters, RN, Emergency Services
The Ribbons for Cancer Recovery Endowment Fund
A perpetual fund that was created to assist cancer patients in need while they are receiving treatment through the Gibson Cancer Center. Patients receive financial assistance for medications, home medical equipment and transportation.
"It feels good to know that people care and give the support that we need as cancer patients."
Dianne Stephens, Gibson Cancer Center Patient
Southeastern Heart Center
A state-of-the-art facility that provides Robeson County residents with the most up-to-date cardiac treatment that is close to home, while also offering family-focused care for their loved ones.
"Southeastern Heart Center treated me like a king. I am so glad to have a facility that we can go and look to that is a state-of-the-art facility to provide services for people that have heart conditions."
Ray Cox, Southeastern Heart Center Patient
Southeastern Hospice House
Receives funding for the multi bed facility that offers terminally ill patients a comfortable, home-like setting while receiving care for the final stages of life.
"This is a wonderful place you don’t have to worry because you know someone will be there around the clock to look out for you loved ones."
Lydia Lea, Family of patient served at Southeastern Hospice House
So Many Other Needs to Meet
- Community Health Education Center (CHEC) at Biggs Park Mall, to purchase a new weight and blood pressure machine for the public to self-monitor their health.
- Food Voucher Program to provide meal vouchers to family members of patients that do not have the funds available.
- Gibson Cancer Center to support a nutritional supplement program to improve overall health of Gibson’s patients and to provide wigs for those that have to deal with the effects of chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
- Patient Bed Tower to offer patients a private room for their comfort and privacy.
- Pediatric Cardiology Telemedicine allows local Pediatricians with the assistance of a Duke Pediatric Cardiologist to find answers to questions without transferring the patient out of town.
- Pediatrics to purchase toys, games, and books for our children to make their stay a more pleasant experience.
- Southeastern Hospice and Hospice House to purchase holding crosses for terminally ill patients and snacks for families that are visiting loved ones.
- Southeastern’s General Fund to assist the organization and community with the greatest need!
- Southeastern Health Endowment Fund, to provide for a stronger future for Southeastern.
- WoodHaven Nursing and Alzheimer's Care Center to fund the bird aviary and other items for activities for their residents.