We have therapists certified in the Vodder and Leduc Method of Lymphedema Management.
Our therapists provide various manual maneuvers, such as lymphapress and multilayered bandaging to stimulate the lymph system to reabsorb the protein rich fluid so that your body can eliminate it.
Head and Neck Lymphedema Theraphy
This program is designed to treat individuals with lymphedema of the head and neck due to cancer treatments, including:
- Lymph node removal
- Radiation across lymph nodes
- Surgery affecting lymph nodes
Symptoms of Lymphedema include:
- Swelling along face, neck and under the chin
- Fibrosis/adhesions limiting movement
- Complaints of "heavy" feeling in face, neck and under chin
- Asymmetry of face
Orthopedic and Sports Therapy
Weather you are a high school, college, professional athlete or a weekend warrior you have probably experienced the sprains and and strains associated with your activity. We can help you speed your recovery to get you "back in the game"
In addition to rehabilitation for injuries, ask your doctor about "pre-hab" for upcoming surgeries to improve motion, strength and reduce swelling, which has shown to improve outcomes after surgery.
Types of therapy done for orthopedic and sports rehabilitation.
- Manual therapy techniques such as joint mobilization to improve limited motion
- Therapeutic exercise to address specific muscle dysfunction and increase muscle strength and endurance
- Techniques to improve neuromuscular control and improve muscle sequencing
- Bracing/Taping to support and/or hold a part of the body stable and motionless to prevent pain and further injury
- Orthotics, custom-designed appliances that help to prevent and correct deformities that may hinder a person’s ease of movement.
- Orthotics also aid in support and alignment, which can help improve the function of a specific part of the body.
- Education about self-management techniques such as the use of heat and cold to manage pain and swelling, and other self-care strategies