Southeastern Radiology Associates (SeRA)
A radio-logical exam produces images designed to see inside a specific area of your body for the purpose of diagnosis. SeRA offers several different types of diagnostic exams and therapeutic procedures in in both our main outpatient center as well as The Women's Imaging Center. Each type of imaging exam has its' own guidelines, which you may read about in this web site. Special instructions for your exam will be given at the time of scheduling.
List of Services offered at Southeastern Radiology Associates (SeRA)
- Bone Density (DEXA)
- DEXA (Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry) is a reliable test to determine early stages of bone loss associated with osteoporosis.
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- A computerized imaging technique that take multiple X-ray measurements and then constructs a 2D or 3D image of the body.
- A safe, low-dose x-ray picture of the breast that allows early detection of breast cancer.
- Pain Management
- Diagnostic injections and pain management procedures are ordered for diagnosis and/or therapeutic treatment of pain in the spine and joints.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Taking sample tissue from the suspicious area of the breast to determine whether it is cancerous.
- A radio-logical procedure that produces detailed images using sound waves.
- Also know as radiography, refers to the procedure that uses standard x-rays to view parts of the body.